Monday 28 September 2015

Still looking for a job

After de Salon de l'emploi of last week, life has been one crazy ride, let me tell you! Not that I am complaining.

As I mentioned in my last post, I were to have some more interviews on Saturday and today. Obviously, I need to wait for their answers and all, but I feel very positive just by being this active and not barely passively waiting for the Shangri-la to call me. And not-so-lazy too.

Today, I was interviewed for the Ritz Paris, one of the most famous and renown hotels in the World!!! To be on the same page: we're talking about Coco Chanel's, Marcel Proust's and Lady D's Ritz. Just the thought of these people, and many more that I won't even tire you about, is enough to inspire me to work for such a Company. It must be nice to participate to a legend.
OMG, I am starting to sound like one of those intro video they showed us for more than an hour in the waiting room - cause they were an hour late with their schedule. An hour it's pretty long when you have videos on a 13-minute loop, trust me. I have this song stuck in my head.

The whole process lasted me 4 hours. Mind you, I don't know how I survived it. Definitely it was determination and a certain degree of desperation that got me to stay in my chair for that long. Waiting-room after waiting-room, I met many people with different levels of power and responsability in the hotel, I sat a total of 5 interviews, but I won a warm and encouraging smile from the Bar Vendôme Manager before leaving. I hope it means good things to come.

Today I also got another call from the people I met at the career fair (YAY!!!). It's for a job as a hostess at the Plaza Athénée (OMG!!!) and we fixed a RV (short for Randez-Vous: an appointment, a meeting, in context it could also mean "a date") for Wednesday.
Truly, that Salon was a gold mine of opportunities! I highly recommend it as an experience.

And tomorrow I have yet another RV at The Peninsula Paris - as you may recall, I was there on Saturday but I couldn't meet anybody from the Human Resources, and that's the people I will be meeting tomorrow.

I don't really have a strategy anymore at this point. I am doing as many interviews as I can, trying to "charm the Dickens" out of the recruitors and generally presenting me at my best. Hopefully I will get somebody to hire me, sooner or later. If you ask me, I'd rather sooner than later.

Dopo il Salon de l'emploi di settimana scorsa, sono successe un sacco di cose incredibili in un periodo di tempo cortissimo! Non che mi stia lamentando, naturalmente.

Come vi dicevo nel mio post precedente, sia sabato che oggi avevo dei colloqui. Anche se, ovviamente, bisogna aspettare le loro risposte eccetera, io mi sento già molto positiva solo dal fatto che ho deciso di attivarmi e di non aspettare passivamente che quelli dello Shangri-la mi chiamassero. E allo stesso tempo anche meno pigra.

Oggi i colloqui erano per il Ritz Paris, uno degli hotel più famosi e rinomati al mondo!
Per intenderci, stiamo parlando del Ritz che è stato casa di Coco Chanel, Marcel Proust e Lady D. Semplicemente pensare che queste persone fanno parte della storia di questo Hotel, mi riempie di voglia di lavorare lì. Dev'essere proprio qualcosa di speciale partecipare e contribuire ad una leggenda.
OMIODDIO! Comincio a sembrare come uno di quei video d'introduzione che ci hanno fatto vedere oggi per un'ora intera nella sala d'attesa - erano in ritardo con gli appuntamenti. Un'ora è parecchio lunga quando hai una sequenza di video da 13 minuti che va avanti in continuazione, credetemi. Ho questa canzone fissa in testa.

L'intero processo è durato 4 ore. Giuro, non so come ho fatto a sopravvivere. Sicuramente si è trattato di determinazione ed un certo grado di disperazione. Sala d'attesa dopo sala d'attesa, dopo aver incontrato in 5 colloqui diverse persone con livelli di potere e responsabilità differenti all'interno dell'hotel, me ne sono andata con un sorriso incoraggiante da parte della direttrice di sala del Bar Vendôme. Spero stia a significare che mi aspettano cose belle!

Oggi ho anche ricevuto un'altra chiamata da parte di alcuni che ho incontrato Giovedì scorso al salone (YAY!!!). Si tratta di un posto come hostess al Plaza Athénée (OMIODDIO!!!) e mi hanno fissato un RV (abbreviazione di Randez-Vous: appuntamento) per Mercoledì.
Davvero le Salon si sta rivelando essere una miniera d'oro di opportunità! La consiglio vivamente come esperienza!!

E domani ho un altro appuntamento al The Peninsula Paris - se vi ricordate, sono andata già sabato ad incontrarli, ma non ho avuto modo in quell'occasione di parlare con qualcuno delle Risorse Umane e domani vedo proprio loro.

A questo punto non esiste una strategia: faccio più colloqui possibili, cercando di "incantare" i recrutatori, in generale, dando il meglio di me. Se sono fortunata qualcuno deciderà di assumermi prima o poi. Se posso scegliere, preferisco prima.

No comments:

Post a Comment