Tuesday 29 September 2015

OMG I got a job

I am soaring, flying...

(Kudos to you if you got the reference, otherwise, that is still totally fine with me).

Today I am very very happy as at the end of the interview with the HR of The Peninsula, I was offered the job I had applied for!
Oh my God.
In CDI (Contrat à Durée Indéterminée: permanent contract). 
Starting on Monday. 9 AM.

I could hardly believe it when this morning M. (short for Monsieur: very much alike Mr.) Nicolas told me that on Saturday I made a stellar first impression on everybody and embodied The Peninsula hospitality so well that they were looking forward to my joining their team. OMG. 
Now, I don't know if he was BSing me or what, because obviously I was already too taken away by the fact that I had finally a job (!!!), but he also said, and here I quote, that it was "love at first sight": they liked me right away!! OMG, I have a job. They want me.

I am downright honored.

Ps. It has come to my attention that I haven't told you for which job I had applied, well, it is as Restaurant Hosteess in the Company's signature restaurant The Lobby. I am so excited!

Oggi sono felicissima perché al termine del colloquio con il signore delle Risorse Umane del Peninsula mi hanno offerto il lavoro per cui avevo fatto domanda!
Oh mamma.
In CDI (Contrat à Durée Indéterminée: contratto a tempo indeterminato). 
Comincio Lunedì. Alle 9.

Non ci potevo quasi credere quando questa mattina M. Nicolas mi ha detto che Sabato ho fatto una fantastica prima impressione su tutti e che ho mostrato di avere tutte le qualità che cercano, tanto da non vedere l'ora che mi unissi al loro team. Omioddio. (di sicuro il tempo verbale è sbagliato, ma sono troppo stanca per ragionarci.. mi appello ai miei amici letterati: Federica! Mando! Nne-nna! Scelgo voi!)
Ora, non so se stava esagerando o cosa, perché ovviamente ero troppo "presa bene" dal fatto che avessi davvero ottenuto un lavoro (!!!), ma ha anche detto, e qui riporto la traduzione fedele, che è stato un "colpo di fulmine": sono rimasti estasiati da subito!! Omioddio, ho un lavoro. Vogliono proprio me.

Sono terribilmente onorata.

Ps. Mi è stato fatto notare che non ho mai detto per che posto mi ero candidata, si tratta di un lavoro come Hostess di accoglienza al ristorante che caratterizza ogni Hotel The Peninsula, The Lobby. Sono emozionatissima!

No comments:

Post a Comment