Sunday 20 September 2015

House-hunting - Epilogue

As anticipated on Facebook and on Google+ and to several friends over the phone, I did manage this weekend to confirm a room in a big appartment in the 17e arr, very close to Place des Ternes and I am soooooo happy about it!!! It just takes away half of my problems! I could sing!

So what happened is that on Friday, as I said I would, I called back to the lady whose appartment I had visited on Monday. At that time she told me that she had unfortunately already confirmed the room to somebody else but said she would call me back or let me know if anything changed.

That's how I got a text from her that evening, but I only saw it very late at night because I was at Masha's birthday party, and spoke to her on Saturday morning.

Basically, she said that if I could bring her a copy of my ID and a proof of my Italian address, as well as the first-month money, obviously, I could move in as early as Monday, tomorrow!!! So, this is what I was up to this afternoon: I brought her what she asked for and tomorrow, very first thing I do is opening a bank account so that I can pay her already and move in!

My tenant is a french lady, Chantal, a mom of two "kids" approximately my age - I had already met her daughter, Marine, last Monday as it was her who showed me the coloc. And apparently she used be a rider in horse races!! Like whaaat??? You might know of the Hippodrome de Longchamp or the Paris-Vincennes one, let's say they like their horse races here in Paris.
The best part yet, is that she lives with her dog: the cutest 3 years old cocoa brown labrador to ever exist!! She's so sweet and totally reminds me of Kiera, my family's dog in Italy. Only problem is she has a freaking unpronouncable name, after some bay in Indonesia. Help me.

Come anticipato su Facebook e Google+ e al telefono ad alcuni amici, sono davvero riuscita a confermare in questo weekend una camera in un appartamento spazioso nel 17e arr, vicino a Place des Ternes e sono felicissima!!! In questa maniera metà dei miei problemi scompaiono!! Davvero, sono così felice che potrei cantare!

Per riassumere quanto successo: Venerdì mattina, come ho detto avrei fatto, ho chiamato la proprietaria dell'appartamento che avevo visto Lunedì. In quell'occasione lei però mi aveva detto di aver già confermato la stanza ad un'altra ragazza e che mi avrebbe richiamato se la situazione fosse cambiata. Così ho ricevuto un sms quella sera stessa, ma io l'ho visto solo molto più tardi perché ero alla festa di compleanno della mia amica Masha, e Sabato mattina l'ho chiamata.

In pratica mi ha detto che se le avessi portato una copia della mia carta d'identita e una prova del mio indirizzo in italia, oltre che ovviamente pagarle il primo mese e la cauzione, avrei potuto spostarmi già da Lunedì, domani!!! Ecco quindi quello che ho fatto questo pomeriggio: le ho portato quello che mi ha chiesto e domani, prima cosa che faccio è andare in banca e aprire un conto così che possa pagarla e trasferirmi.

La proprietaria di casa è una signora francese, Chantal, mamma di due ragazzi più o meno della mia età - Marine, la figlia l'avevo incontrata già lunedì perché era stata proprio lei a farmi vedere la coloc. E comunque, Chantal a quanto pare di lavoro faceva il fantino alle corse di cavalli!!! Avrete sentito nominare gli ippodromi di Longchamp e Paris-Vincennes. Diciamo che gli piacciono proprio le corse di cavalli a questi Parigini!
La parte migliore però, è che vive con il suo cane: la più tenera , dolcissima, labrador marrone cioccolato che esista ed ha solo tre anni, la creaturina! Mi ricorda terribilmente il mio cane, Kiera. L'unico problema è che ha un nome impronunciabile ispirato ad una certa famosa baia indonesiana. Aiuto.

No comments:

Post a Comment