Friday 25 September 2015

Keep looking for a job!

The hotel I went to for an interview last week still hasn't called me back. I don't know if it's a good sign or a bad sign.
But as I take it as a bad sign, and in general to see what it would be, like I decided to go to a career fair that was held yesterday someplace in the 19e arrondissement. At the "Salon de l'emploi" many hotels and restaurants had their stands and accepted CVs and exchanged short interviews to recruit new job forces. Among these, were some very high-profile companies interested in hiring a young and hard-working restaurant hostess! Yay!

The Salon was packed: many people were queuing up for the same hotels I was, but most of them didn't match my job profile. Like, definitely the mature woman who was standing in front of me at the hotel The Peninsula Paris stand didn't mean to apply for a job as a hostess, and neither did the young guy with the jumper at Le Royal Monceau one.

Some stands only took resumes without asking any further question and only informing that if interested, they would be in touch. Others, exchanged some words with you and updated your CV with notes of their own and then there were those that right after a short interview fixed a randez-vous for the next working day.

Long story short, I handed out four copies of my CV to four different 5 star luxury hotels yesterday and I already had a job interview this morning and am expected to have another two: tomorrow and on Monday! Not bad, three out of four, uh?!!

I can only hope that after all this sowing, there will also be some mowing!!

The interview that I passed today was for the Le Meurice, one of the oldest and most famous hotels in Paris. I think I did all right, but, once again they were very straighforward to me and said they were interviewing other people today for the same job. Well, at least, I learnt from my mistakes and I asked them when they needed a hostess and they said that as it is required as soon as possible, they will make a decision very soon.

Tomorrow I will be speaking with the Restaurant Manager at The Peninsula. Keep your fingers crossed for me, for I haven't lost all hope, but it's always nice to have your support.

L'hotel dove ho fatto il colloquio settimana scorsa non mi ha ancora richiamato. Ora, non so se si sia una cosa positiva o meno.
Dato che sono propensa a credere si tratti del secondo caso, ed in generale per vedere come si sarebbe svolta la cosa, ho deciso di andare ad un salone del lavoro organizzato ieri da qualche parte nel 19e arrondissement. Al "Salon de l'emploi", parecchi hotel e ristoranti avevano un proprio stand dove si poteva lasciare il proprio curriculum o intrattenersi in brevi colloqui con i reclutatori delle varie compagnie. Tra questi, c'erano hotel di altissimo livello che, guarda caso, stavano proprio cercando una hostess giovane e seria!!! Evviva!

Il Salon era pieno di gente: molti erano in fila per gli stessi hotel a cui ero interessata anche io, ma la maggior parte non corrispondeva al mio profilo. Mi spiego, la signora che era in fila davanti a me per The Peninsula Paris di sicuro non si stava candidando come hostess e non credo nemmeno il ragazzo con la felpa allo stand de Le Royal Monceau.

Molti stands prendevano solo i curriculum senza fare alcuna domanda, informando che avrebbero chiamato le candidature interessanti al termine della giornata. Altri, scambiavano qualche parola e prendevano appunti e note ad integrazione di quanto già scritto sul CV e poi c'erano quelli che dopo una o due domande mirate, fissavano un randez-vous per il primo giorno utile.

Per farla breve, ieri ho lasciato una copia del mio CV solo a quattro hotel 5 stelle lusso, e oggi avevo già fatto un colloquio e fissati altri due, uno per domani e uno per lunedì!!! Tre su quattro non è mica male, no?

Spero solo di riuscire a raccogliere qualcosa dopo aver seminato così tanto!!

Il colloquio che ho fatto oggi era per Le Meurice, uno degli hotel più storici e famosi di Parigi. Credo sia andato bene, ma ancora una volta sono stata informata del fatto che c'erano parecchie ragazze "papabili" per il posto. Almeno ho imparato dai miei errori e mi sono fatta dire che hanno la necessità di assumere una hostess quanto prima e che di consequenza dovranno fare una scelta molto presto.

Domani parlerò con il Restaurant Manager del The Peninsula. Tenete anche voi le dita incrociate per me, perché è vero che sono ben speranzosa e tutto, ma fa sempre piacere sapere che ci siete voi a sostenermi.

No comments:

Post a Comment