Tuesday 22 September 2015

Looking for a Job

My experience in France so far hasn't been what you would call a regular one. Actually, having only been here since last Sunday it's already quite impressive that I already got a nice appartment.

Weird enough, the process of looking for a job has been quite equally rapid that way for me.
I knew that the Shangri-la Hotel Paris had an open day last Wednesday where everybody with a CV could apply for a job and meet the different managers and pass some interviews. For me it would have been a great opportunity not only as it would have been my first job interview ever in French but also it would have served as a testing ground. Thus I decided to show up.
What I wouldn't have expected was that right after the very first interview they asked me to stay and sit a second one!! I mean, that is supposed to be a really good sign!

As a matter of fact, on Friday they called me and said I was shortlisted with other two girls and that they would let us know about their choice as soon as possible, which is MASSIVE, obviously. I mean, not even a week in and already with a possible job?!?!?!
Anyways, as it is already 11am on Monday morning I am afraid their answer won't be a positive one this time, but I mean, I should be very proud of it, whatever their final decision might be. And if they thought my application was a valid one, why shouldn't there be another Hotel downtown Paris who does too?

An update - by the way, I am writing to you from my new room. :D
This afternoon I couldn't wait any longer and decided to call them myself, because I thought they would have already sorted out whom among the three of us they liked best, right?
Nope. They said they had meant to interview the other two girls these days and would call me when they made a decision, either their answer is a positive or negative one. And so, we wait.

Oh, don't mind me. I'll just sit here and consume my liver in the meantime.

La mia esperienza in Francia finora non è stata una di quelle che definireste "nella norma". Basti solo pensare che da che sono arrivata in ostello settimana scorsa, sono già nell'appartamento che sarà mio per almeno un anno! 

Stranamente, quello che mi è capitato nella ricerca di un lavoro è stato rapido allo stesso modo.
Sapevo che lo Shangri-la Hotel Paris mercoledì scorso teneva una giornata di porte aperte in cui chiunque presentandosi con il proprio curriculum avrebbe potuto fare domanda di assunzione, incontrare i vari manager e fare un colloquio. Per me sarebbe stata un'occasione eccezionale, innanzitutto per affrontare il primo colloquio in Francese e anche in generale per testare le acque. Così ho deciso di andarci.
Quello che non mi sarei mai aspettata, è che dopo il primo colloquio mi chiedessero di rimanere per farne un secondo!! Wow, della serie che di auspici migliori non ne potevo avere.

E infatti, Venerdì mi hanno chiamato e mi hanno detto che per il posto di Hostess eravamo in lizza in tre e che mi avrebbero fatto sapere quanto prima la loro decisione. Il che ovviamente è DA PAZZI!!! Cioè, in neanche una settimana sono vicina tanto così *fa un segno molto piccolo con l'indice e il pollice della mano destra* dall'ottenere un lavoro?!?!!!
In ogni caso, dato che sono già le 11 di mattina di Lunedì credo significhi che questa volta non ce l'ho fatta; ma insomma, dovrei comunque essere stra orgogliosa di me, qualsiasi sia la loro scelta. E poi, dal momento che loro hanno pensato che la mia candidatura fosse valida, perché i loro competitors non dovrebbero pensare lo stesso?

Un aggiornamento - a proposito, vi sto scrivendo dalla mia nuova camera. :D
Questo pomeriggio non potevo più aspettare e così li ho chiamati, perché pensavo avessero avuto tutto il tempo per prendere la loro decisione, no?
Sbagliato. Mi hanno detto che devono ancora colloquiare le altre due ragazze e che in ogni caso, sia che la risposta sia affermativa che negativa, mi faranno sapere. E perciò aspettiamo.

Sì, ma non vi preoccupate: io mi siedo qui nell'angolo a divorarmi il fegato nel frattempo.

No comments:

Post a Comment