Sunday 25 October 2015

Rhume

Le rhume (pronounced /room/) is the French word for a cold.
It has been getting colder and colder here in Paris lately and I, inevitably, got sick. It's pretty annoying, because I can hardly breathe and when I still had my voice, I spoke as if I was wearing a pin on my nose. Now that I lost that too, I regret complaing about it in the first place.

Obviously, I did not let a mere cold prevent me from going to play volleyball with Masha on Friday night; seeing each other again for sushi yesterday afternoon; meeting Simone, an Italian guy whose amazing brother used to work with me in Milan, for tea time; finishing off the day with dinner in a restaurant for Fadoua's birthday (a friend of Masha from uni) and later going to a club for some dancing.
On the contrary, you could say that being sick made me want to do more things, get together and infect as many people as possible - just kidding, mainly it was my usual bad timing: it only figures that I would get sick on the last good-weather weekend of the year.

Today Masha came over and we had lunch here at my place: she either has a cold wish or she is very confident in her immunitary system. Jokes aside, I truly enjoy the time we spend together, she is great and fun and in general we get along very well, not to mention how nice is of her to "share" her friends with me.

So, despite it all, I had a totally awesome weekend with old and new friends!!! True, I was heavily drugged most of the time as my first stop was to the pharmacy to get pills, but I did not let that stop me!

Rhume (pronunciato /rum/) è la parola francese per il "raffreddore".
A parigi fa sempre più freddo e ovviamente non mi sono lasciata sfuggire l'occasione per ammalarmi. Dirò la verità, è un po' una rottura non riuscire a respirare e, quando ancora avevo voce, parlare come Eros Ramazzotti. Adesso però che la voce l'ho persa del tutto, rimpiango di averla criticata!!

Ovviamente, non mi sono fatta fermare da un raffreddore (per quanto sia coi fiocchi), e quindi Venerdì sera io e Masha siamo tornate a giocare a pallavolo, ieri ci siamo riviste per del sushi a pranzo; nel pomeriggio, poi, ho incontrato per un tè caldo Simone, il fratello di un mio fantastico collega di quando lavoravo a Milano; per poi chiudere il tutto in bellezza con una cena di compleanno di una delle amiche dell'università di Masha e una serata in discoteca.
Direi quasi che essere ammalata mi abbia spronato ad essere più attiva, incontrare più gente, cercare di infettare quante più persone possibili - sto scherzando!! In realtà è tutta colpa del mio tempismo fenomenale: naturalmente dovevo ammalarmi proprio l'ultimo weekend bello della stagione.

Oggi Masha è venuta a mangiare da me: o non vede l'ora di ammalarsi pure lei oppure ha una fiducia estrema nel suo sitema immunitario. Scherzi a parte, sono contentissima del tempo che passiamo insieme, lei è una grande ed è divertente chiacchierare con lei, oltre al fatto che le sono eternamente grata per avermi presentata ai suoi amici.

Quindi, nonostante tutto, ho passato un weekend favoloso con amici nuovi e vecchi!! Vero, ero sotto droghe pesanti la maggior parte del tempo visto che la prima uscita del weekend è stata in farmacia, ma neanche questo mi ha trattenuta dal godermi Parigi.

No comments:

Post a Comment