Thursday 15 October 2015

First month

I think it's safe to agree that my first month in Paris has been an exceptional one, to say the least.

It's now been a week and a half since I started working at The Peninsula and I can assure you that the full meaning of what this implies hasn't hit me yet.
I, of course, feel incredibly blessed and the sensation of awe that accompanied me throughout the two days of orientation I had on Monday and Tuesday is undeniably still lingering on me today, BUT I also feel that a thing as big as this one should at least deserve a mental breakdown of some sort.
I am working for one of the best hotel managing companies in the world, in freaking Paris: this is simply nuts.

Not to mention, I am having a great time living with Chantal and Ha Long, her labrador. On Sunday we went to the Auteuil Hippodrome to watch some steeplechase racing. It was my first time at the races and I found it both very interesting and entertaing, especially when it came down to cheering for one or the other horse Chantal had bet on after the last obstacle.

I am meeting with Masha as much as possible. I am so lucky she is here in Paris, not only willing to hang out with me, but actually enjoying our time together as much as I do. This evening, for instance, we were having a glass near Chatelet: from our table we could see the towers of Notre Dame. Amazing.

This has got to be the Good Life.

Credo siamo tutti d'accordo nel dire che il mio primo mese a Parigi sia stato più che eccezionale.

Oramai è una settimana e mezza che lavoro per The Peninsula e posso garantirvi che la vera portata di ciò che questo implica non mi ha ancora colpito.
Ovviamente, mi sento incredibilmente fortunata e la sensazione di completa meraviglia che è stata con me gli scorsi due giorni durante il corso di orientamento è ancora molto viva, MA allo stesso tempo credo che una "cosa così grande" debba almeno meritare uno svenimento o un collasso di qualche tipo. Lavoro per una delle migliori compagnie di hotel management del mondo, a Parigi porcavacca! È assurdo!

Per non parlare del fatto che mi trovo benissimo a vivere con Chantal e il suo labrador Ha Long. Domenica siamo andate all'ippodromo di Auteuil per vedere alcune corse ad ostacoli di cavalli. Era la mia prima volta alle corse ed è stato sia interessante che divertente, soprattutto quando, gli ultimi metri del percorso, c'era da incitare l'uno o l'altro cavallo su cui Chantal aveva scommesso.

Cerco di trovarmi con Masha il più possibile. Sono così fortunata che lei sia qui a Parigi, che non solo le vada bene uscire con me ma che le sere che passiamo insieme sono tanto piacevoli per me quanto che per lei. Questa sera, per esempio, abbiamo preso un bicchiere di vino a Chatelet: dal nostro tavolo vedevamo le torri di Notre Dame. Incredibile.

Questa è proprio quella che chiamano la bella vita.

No comments:

Post a Comment